NASL Files Federal Antitrust Lawsuit Against US Soccer

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by Knave, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    Have you tried CourtListener aka RECAP? If you have their extension, then whenever you download something from PACER, it’s uploaded to RECAP for everyone to view for free.

In other words, if you’ve been able to read a lot of the documents for free — you’re welcome! :)

2. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    I hope not.

3. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    From my reading of the ruling and Prof. Bank’s analysis of it, I think a lot of this stuff got kicked to the curb. The judge seemed extremely skeptical that the existence of PLS was a bad thing. Granted, a new judge is coming in, but I don’t think that means anything substantive changes.

4. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I saw on the Rai (Italian TV) last week that Commisso is now back in America.

He only goes to Florence on occasion.

First to oversee the construction project and opening of the Viola Park training ground and secondly to watch Fiorentina in the Conference League along with a few league games.

I think he will be there more frequently during the summer transfer window to take over the duties of Fiorentina’s late GM Joe Barone who sadly passed in March of a cardiac arrest at 57.

5. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I use PACER and Court Listener all the time and I have RECAP installed.

But if someone else hasn't downloaded a document from PACER, I'm not going to pay just so others can read it for free.

You're welcome Beau! ;)

Beau Dure and xtomx repped this.
  6. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I noticed that as part of discovery NASL were looking for a ton of documents about Minnesota United, so it will be interesting to hear the full story if it comes out in court.

I doubt Minnesota would have stayed in NASL anyway.

7. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I think the court has already decided that PLS aren't anti-competitive.