Going to Qatar 2022: tickets, accommodations, etc. (non-politics)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2022 - Qatar' started by Danny Ascencio, Oct 22, 2021.

1. MomaBcn

MomaBcn Member

Athletic Club Bilbao
    Japan
    Sep 26, 2022
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    damn man what are you, an accountant ? this is it…one of the biggest day of your life…

2. Straight_drive2

Nov 14, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    The only time there was some action to protect the real fans was during the 2006 world cup and back then, there was some tough posturing by the organizers to discourage the secondary market. The organizers even patiently went through court cases.
    https://www.dw.com/en/person-to-person-world-cup-ticket-exchanges-banned-by-court/a-1975326
    In the end, there were no ID checks, as they are just not practical.

Unfortunately common fans go around with very high expectations from FIFA.
    On my way to England V USA match, I bumped into a couple of English fans from NY & Cambridge respectively and we spoke about our respective plans for the world cup. Fearing that FIFA will cancel their tickets for consecutive games, but on two separate accounts, they ended up putting tickets for one of the matches on resale to stay complaint:confused:

I explained that their understanding was off and that even domestic accounts weren't off limits. Although they had attended several world cups, they were very concerned about FIFA's strict rule enforcement.
    I bumped into them again 3 days later and they thanked me for my input, as they had gone ahead and bought tickets for 3-4 more matches. So glad!

On this board, we have a different level of detail and understanding, as for example: members like @marianelah did some initial tests with the dom portal, before me/others got brave enough to sign up for a dom account.
    In general, tickets were easier to grab on the dom portal and those cat 4s made it easier on the wallet! :p

Benyounes, Fedechat and Simsimmer repped this.
  3. Straight_drive2

Nov 14, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    #32578 Straight_drive2, Dec 16, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
    Incredible! You just brought up a new use case. To attend all 64 matches, R16s should have been held in neighboring stadiums, sharing a common stand, from where folks could switch between the two matches.

The longest travelling fan, which I have come across is a German fan, who has been at most world cups (except Mexico '86) since 1974, if my memory serves me right.
    He usually wears custom T-shirts with a world map containing logos of all the world cups he has attended and with the writing, "Harald - Immer dabei", which in this context means, Harald - always in attendance.

Pat ROI+THFC repped this.
  4. owen1978

owen1978 Member

liverpool
    Wales
    Nov 10, 2022
    I have been on my laptop for nearly 6 hours.... Please drop

5. MomaBcn

MomaBcn Member

Athletic Club Bilbao
    Japan
    Sep 26, 2022
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Something is up, it kicked me out the queue

6. Monsieur L

Monsieur L Member

Liverpool
    England
    Oct 27, 2022
    Doha
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I’m still in fcfs, and there’s no drop.

7. owen1978

owen1978 Member

liverpool
    Wales
    Nov 10, 2022
  8. skwasha

skwasha Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jun 1, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    From your browser to gods ears…. (Or whatever works to make some finals drop lol) been waiting on those to drop before I change my flight…

PS - If I can’t score any, I have a rm at the Le meridien City Center booked to the 19th up for grabs - dm me.

Fedechat repped this.
  9. Simsimmer

Simsimmer Member

Manchester United
    England
    Jul 10, 2022
    London

Hear, hear! Totally agree with your post @Straight_drive2 . Also a big up to @marianelah from me. I bought cat 4s for games after seeing your confidence in making and purchasing tickets on a dom account, you legend!

Straight_drive2 repped this.
  10. treacleb

treacleb Member

Mar 23, 2022
    Just received my refunds for tickets resold back to the platform. No prior warning so good to finally get!

Clarkmeister repped this.
  11. BByliner

BByliner Member

Athletic Club
    South Korea
    Apr 18, 2018
    Washington, D.C.
    A single Cat 4 ticket for M64 also just popped. He he. You would think why not just wait instead of releasing them so randomly

12. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  13. Fedechat

Fedechat Member

Argentina
    Apr 30, 2014
    South Florida, USA
    Anulo mufa :ROFLMAO:

14. nick777

nick777 Member

Apr 23, 2014
    I would think there’s more chance they will sell the final tickets in the ticket centre than online- no bots that way and fans are already actually in Doha. I’m betting if you go down there and with some luck you’ll be more likely than scoring them on the portal

15. minimalfb

minimalfb Member

FC Barcelona
    Argentina
    Jun 15, 2018
    What is the deal with CAT4 tickets? I understand they are meant for people with local ID - but can international visitors use a CAT4? Keeping all my options open for the final :)

16. Fedechat

Fedechat Member

Argentina
    Apr 30, 2014
    South Florida, USA
    You can use it, but to buy it you need to create another account saying you live in Qatar and enter a Qatar mailing address (like an hotel), and you can use your own passport. Besides Cat4 is cheaper, but I don't think they will release Cat4 tickets anymore, I only saw one or two on the resale portal.

Now if you have an INTL account and someone have an extra Cat4 ticket on his account, AFAIK they can transfer it to your international account without any problem.

MacPhistoTerp and minimalfb repped this.
  17. minimalfb

minimalfb Member

FC Barcelona
    Argentina
    Jun 15, 2018
    No extra checks, separate gates or name matching etc for CAT4 tickets? Just like any other tickets once I have it on my phone? I have a domestic account and I carted a CAT4 for M63 3rd pace match but didn’t proceed to buy. Only 300 QAR!

18. Ch107

Ch107 Member

Nacional
    Colombia
    Feb 27, 2018
    Whats with the same old man that i saw at a couplemos stadiums asking for used tickets.. saying he collects them… is it as simple as he actually collects them.. or is there something i dont get??

19. MacPhistoTerp

MacPhistoTerp Member

United States
    Mar 25, 2009
    Treasure Island, FL
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is a big market on Ebay for used ticket stubs - he is definitley collecting them to resell them

Ch107, Fedechat and herewegoagain repped this.
  20. OzRed

OzRed Member

Liverpool FC
    Australia
    Jul 10, 2022
    Melbourne
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Plenty of Argentina fans outside DECC ticket centre around an hour ago when I was getting on the metro. Don’t think there was any action happening inside the centre. Indeed the best way for FIFA now is to sell them directly to fans that are already here.

Martin NYC and Fedechat repped this.
  21. herewegoagain

herewegoagain Member

Jun 12, 2018
    It seems I have more faith in your team than you do =) Most people would be extremely happy with 50/50 odds at the final. My team has 0% chance :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Get the damn flight, man.

NNNJJJ, ElSrLazaro, Dragonhorse and 2 others repped this.
  22. diegomaradona1010

Sep 16, 2017
    I wish you guys seeking final tix all the luck. Just to give you some hope:

-in 2014 it was possible to buy final tix off the portal the day of the final
    -in 2018 a friend went to the stadium super early and got 1 cat 3 ticket at FV from a guy with a spare

Gooner32 repped this.
  23. Fedechat

Fedechat Member

Argentina
    Apr 30, 2014
    South Florida, USA
    In 2014 I got my ticket at 11:45am, I was seating on the floor at the airport and using the Scorpyn scanner for almost 4 hours, got Cat2 (660 each if I remember correclty)

In 2018 I was unable to get any ticket for the finals (again using Scorpyn browser), but a fellow BS user sold me his Cat3 at FV. It was possible for this finals because europeans don't pay resale price, maybe some croatians (since it was their first time), but French's wont.

Now 2022 is different, Argentineans (or any team from the Americas) will over pay way over the FV to watch their teams in the finals, so there is a big resale market, but I'm hopping I will be able to get a ticket for me and my 2 friends, I'm their only hope because they don't have the experience and the tools to get a ticket from FIFA website.

24. TerranceO

TerranceO New Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    I tried to get into the ticket center earlier and they told me to take a hike.

25. owen1978

owen1978 Member

liverpool
    Wales
    Nov 10, 2022
    Been logged on since 10am Doha time..... getting a bit frustrated