Goal contribution of the best players

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Trachta10, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Trachta10

Trachta10 Member+

Apr 25, 2016
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Yeah, this is an estimate based on the goals available in video. I believe that for Puskás, he found around 110 goals on video

PDG1978 repped this.
  2. Guts_1069

Guts_1069 Member

Cruzeiro
    Brazil
    Nov 6, 2023
    Pelé: 465 goals are avaliable
    Puskas: 140 goals are avaliable

3. Trachta10

Trachta10 Member+

Apr 25, 2016
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Roberto Baggio in Juventus
    Diego Maradona in Napoli
    Michel Platini in Juventus
    Ruud Gullit in Milan

[​IMG]

Baggio has 4 indirect fk, giving the total 14, his average would be 0.074 in a broad criterion. Maradona 0.10, and Platini 0.069

4. Guts_1069

Guts_1069 Member

Cruzeiro
    Brazil
    Nov 6, 2023
    @Trachta10 do you have Pelé dribbles, key passes, BCC and defensive actions on these matches?

Attached Files:

5. Trachta10

Trachta10 Member+

Apr 25, 2016
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    No, just shots

6. spartacus7

spartacus7 Member

Jul 8, 2023
    Guts_1069 repped this.
  7. Trachta10

Trachta10 Member+

Apr 25, 2016
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Zico vs Cristiano Ronaldo

Non-Opta Assists

[​IMG]

Buyo repped this.
  8. Letmepost

Letmepost Member

Arsenal
    South Korea
    Apr 11, 2023
    Do you have a list for players with the highest direct freekick goals per 90 minutes?

9. Isaías Silva Serafim

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 2, 2021
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  10. Isaías Silva Serafim

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 2, 2021
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The better the teammates you have on your team, the harder will be you have a higher gc% since they will score more goals without depending on you

11. Trachta10

Trachta10 Member+

Apr 25, 2016
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Lionel Messi vs Diego Maradona

Non-Opta Assists

[​IMG]

Buyo repped this.
  12. Letmepost

Letmepost Member

Arsenal
    South Korea
    Apr 11, 2023
    Thanks. It seems difficult for me to obtain the minutes played for the entire careers of these players, or the necessary sampling of these players' careers, if lower levels of play are excluded from inspection. I was thinking of something like this twitter post below, but including the records of players such as Juninho Pernambucano.

I was wondering if the likes of Zico cannot surpass 0.1 direct freekick goals per 90 minutes, whether other players were able to surpass that mark.

From my calculations, it seems some were able to do so, but I am not sure whether it is because they were highly prolific as freekick takers, or because the Transfermarkt sites I looked into have incomplete records for their total career play times.

Trachta10 repped this.
  13. Clem

Clem New Member

Bayern München
    France
    Feb 11, 2024
    @Trachta10 I saw some of your posts on Twitter, is it possible for you to send me if you can all the seasonal statistics of all the players you have please?

Trachta10 repped this.
  14. Trachta10

Trachta10 Member+

Apr 25, 2016
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    National Team - Total Goal Contribution

With Non-Opta Assists

[​IMG]

15. Trachta10

Trachta10 Member+

Apr 25, 2016
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    National Team - Total Goal Contribution

With Non-Opta Assists

[​IMG]

Kaushik and Sexy Beast repped this.
  16. Trachta10

Trachta10 Member+

Apr 25, 2016
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Stats in Major Tournaments with National Team
    World Cup - Copa America - Euro - Confederations

[​IMG]

IceBlood34 repped this.
  17. Trachta10

Trachta10 Member+

Apr 25, 2016
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Stats in Finals (Club and Country)

[​IMG]

IceBlood34 repped this.
  18. Trachta10

Trachta10 Member+

Apr 25, 2016
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Stats 2022-2024 so far

Mbappé
    Messi
    Haaland
    Cristiano

[​IMG]

19. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I noticed a Gyorgy Sarosi fan/researcher made an attempt for him (keep in mind that he played sometimes a defensive role of course; perhaps also that his absolute peak was not as long as with some players?)
    Ftbl Absolute Sarosi on X: "György Sárosi all-time 512 games 463 goals (0.90 per game) 231 assists (est, 0.45 per game) 694 G+A (1.36 per game) Goal involvement: 40.35% https://t.co/oLCOVvL0QR" / X (twitter.com)
    I guess he was using the same kind of extrapolated 'estimated' for assists that your originally used for some players like Eusebio (partially Platini too) Trachta, but interesting to see anyway.
    This one for calendar year 1937 is interesting
    Ftbl Absolute Sarosi on X: "György Sárosi 1937 calendar year ️ ️ 40 games ⚽ 68 goals (1.70) 33 assists (0.83) 101 G+A (2.53) 109+ keypasses (2.73) Goal involvement: 63.92% Mitropa Cup Nemzeti Bajnoksag (37/38)" / X (twitter.com)
    Also this which seems to be for Mitropa Cup + games vs Ujpest I think?
    Ftbl Absolute Sarosi on X: "TOTAL (Mitropa Cup - Ujpest) 40 games 49 goals 14 assists 117 team goals 53.8% of team goals Big game player ✨" / X (twitter.com)

There are some other stats/estimated stats for other guys I saw there including Gyorgy Orth even, plus Stanley Matthews (assists extrapolated from International games it seems; not sure if from the same source I posted on here or not for those - the number he arrived at on the assists side is in the 'Cruyff range' I suppose per game anyway), Zico etc (I haven't checked right now whether your Zico numbers match up Trachta).

I think @CristianoPuskas maybe knows him, online at least, or knows the account anyway (maybe you do too though Trachta already).

Not that I totally agree with everything he says on there, or think he gets everything right (but for sure I don't myself either I know!)
    Ftbl Absolute Sarosi on X: "@FCBxDAM @qwertyazertyl2_ Pure winger is a role that ensue from the wide midfielder position in 4-4-2, 4-1-4-1, 4-2-3-1 line ups for instance, so yes it's midfielder" / X (twitter.com)
    'Pure winger' could definitely be a forward role (and in the old days was moreso). Plus re: 2007/08 for example (I know there has been discussion about this before on here)
    Target man Rooney | Manchester United | The Guardian

20. Trachta10

Trachta10 Member+

Apr 25, 2016
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    The user @Bf2015Roly on twitter did his own research on Sarosi and here are the numbers he got. I guess there might be some matches with no detailed info.

[​IMG]

PDG1978 repped this.
  21. Ftblabsolute

Ftblabsolute New Member

Partizan Beograd
    Hungary
    Mar 17, 2024
    Do you have the seasonal sheets of all those players ?

22. Ftblabsolute

Ftblabsolute New Member

Partizan Beograd
    Hungary
    Mar 17, 2024
    Hello, I'm that guy on twitter. For his all-time stats I used a stats sheet of all of his games throughout his career (the assists include non-opta assists, I believe the number of opta assists is 199) made by GyurkaSarosi / CristianoPuskas, same for the 1937 calendar year stats.
    The other stat I made about his games vs teams from Europe only includes non hungarian teams so the result is basically Mitropa Cup removing his two games against Ujpest.
    For György Orth, I based it on a sample of 24 games I've counted the assists myself, and for Matthews I based it off his stats with England, although I lowered the estimate since he wouldn't keep that ratio / consistency throughout his career. Usually I'll always precise if the assists are estimated, and most of the (estimated) players I post about are estimated assists from samples
    Zico's stats also comes from a statsheet made by Trachta10

Trachta10, Gregoire and PDG1978 repped this.
  23. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Thanks for the explanations mate, and yes I thought I could be mis-understanding(/mis-reading) something about why Ujpest was mentioned.

Ftblabsolute repped this.
  24. Ftblabsolute

Ftblabsolute New Member

Partizan Beograd
    Hungary
    Mar 17, 2024
    #2249 Ftblabsolute, Mar 24, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2024
    It seems that nela.hu has become a paid website, do you have any idea if someone archived those pages ? With the Wayback machine I believe only Puskas got archived
    https://archive.ph/www.nela.hu
    This one has some of them archived, however the assists are missing

25. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    No, I think I noticed it had become a paid site a while ago myself too, but I don't know anything about anyone having collected data from there before it was. Perhaps @Trachta10 did, but I don't know....

Ftblabsolute repped this.