Cristiano Ronaldo (-12/13) vs Van Basten

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Tropeiro, Dec 24, 2019.

?

------------

1. Van Basten

18 vote(s)
    51.4%
  2. Cristiano Ronaldo

17 vote(s)
    48.6%
  1. Wiliam Felipe Gracek

Santos FC
    France
    Feb 3, 2024

.. yes ...that's me man !!! i am old ... but I'm happy ...hahaha .... yes .... Raymond Kopa ... 6 matches 9 assists and 3 goals ... Fontaine .... 6 matches 13 goals ... 2 assists ... unlucky ..with the injury from Jonquet ... when was 1 to 1 ... into the game in the semi-finals !!!

PDG1978 repped this.
  2. Wiliam Felipe Gracek

Santos FC
    France
    Feb 3, 2024

.......for me .... not in orders .... Top ..10 ...from argentinian players ..... Sastre .... La Bruna ....Moreno ... Pedernera .... Alfredo Di Stefano .... Kempes..... Maradona....Messi ...Corbatta ...Peucelle !!!

PDG1978 repped this.
  3. Wiliam Felipe Gracek

Santos FC
    France
    Feb 3, 2024

Terry Fox is the best .. man on Earth !!! ... really inspires me to be better day after day ... week after week .... month after month ...!!! The Canadian Hero !!

PDG1978 repped this.
  4. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Yeah, Di Stefano's comments are interesting for sure - sometimes it is a little hard to gauge exactly what he thought (maybe he also was uncertain himself) - I knew about the answers like "I name 5 players...Munoz-Moreno-Pedernera-Labruna-Loustau, who I watched playing for River Plate" or about Pedernera (answering a topic about the best ever player/s) "for heaven's sake he was complete...." (or similar to that).

Here is a summary about all-time XIs he chose in 1960 and 1982 though, and it's maybe unclear how he sees things in terms of the best players (and maybe if he says those older players were better than him he can mean when he was in Argentina himself and/or he can be modest...though I think he wasn't always exactly modest about how good he was necessarily - he said once "they had me, the blonde arrow" or something I remember!):
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/interesting-best-xi.325564/page-60#post-40514043
    Here, in 1999, he chose Maradona as the best ever
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/f...ho-voted-for-who.1597402/page-5#post-28873757
    (Maybe that brings the thread a little bit back to the main topic, in one small aspect, with the votes that Van Basten received, and I'll post this too which I noticed where Rivera said he felt the Italian defence/Dutch attack Milan team was the best ever Milan team)
    Rivera: “There is a thread that links the various periods of Milan, N. Rocco was unique, now there’s something at the club that doesn’t add up, Ibrahimović…” | Rossoneri Blog - AC Milan News
    I seem to remember comments Di Stefano made saying Pele was the best ever, in the 2000s and/or 2010s as well....

Wiliam Felipe Gracek repped this.
  5. Wiliam Felipe Gracek

Santos FC
    France
    Feb 3, 2024

........ yes ....... equally ... it's pretty harder ... to say ..... who was better between ... Alfredo Di Stefano ...and Ferenc Puskas .... almost impossible to confirm ...this .... 50's .... aswell before .... from 1947 til 1950 .... .. i saw so many many games of both ... whole games for sure ... really it's harder ...to say .. the best in the truth ...

PDG1978 repped this.
  6. carlito86

carlito86 Member+

Jan 11, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  7. Wiliam Felipe Gracek

Santos FC
    France
    Feb 3, 2024

.......... are you brazilian man ????

8. Wiliam Felipe Gracek

Santos FC
    France
    Feb 3, 2024

Don't needs nothing this ...!!! .... Marco van Basten ... was a invictus champion .... 58 rounds ... without losing ...one only game .... in Serie A Calcio ...90's .......i saw the most of the games ... against Fiorentina .... 7 x 3 away ... Foggia ... 8 x 2 away ....Parma 3 x 1 away ....Napoles 5 x 1 away ... etc,,,.... funny ... he'll ... always ..started very very bad ..into the games ... and colder ... wrong too much ,,,.. But in the final ... from the match .... always ....came true ... as a PLayer of the match .... examples ... against Foggia .....away ... 2 goals .... 2 assists ... 2 pre-assists ..... Fiorentina ..even ..Napoles ...even ... Parma was Gullit player of the match .... but he gaves one pre-assist ... on a own goal !!!!

9. Wiliam Felipe Gracek

Santos FC
    France
    Feb 3, 2024
  10. Wiliam Felipe Gracek

Santos FC
    France
    Feb 3, 2024
  11. Wiliam Felipe Gracek

Santos FC
    France
    Feb 3, 2024
  12. Wiliam Felipe Gracek

Santos FC
    France
    Feb 3, 2024
  13. Wiliam Felipe Gracek

Santos FC
    France
    Feb 3, 2024
  14. Wiliam Felipe Gracek

Santos FC
    France
    Feb 3, 2024
  15. Wiliam Felipe Gracek

Santos FC
    France
    Feb 3, 2024

.... how are you dear friend ??? ... What do you think about Terry Stanley Fox history ???

16. Wiliam Felipe Gracek

Santos FC
    France
    Feb 3, 2024

...!!! .... Marco van Basten ... foi campeão invictus .... 58 rodadas ... sem perder ... um único jogo .... na Serie A Calcio ...90 ....... eu vi a maioria dos jogos... contra a Fiorentina.... 7 x 3 fora... Foggia... 8 x 2 fora....Parma 3 x 1 fora....Napoles 5 x 1 fora. .. etc,,,.... engraçado... ele vai... sempre..começou muito, muito mal..nos jogos...e mais frio...errou demais,,,.. Mas em a final ... da partida .... sempre .... se tornou realidade ... como jogador da partida .... exemplos ... contra o Foggia ..... fora ... 2 gols . ... 2 assistências ... 2 pré-assistências ..... Fiorentina ..até ..Napoles ...até ... Parma foi o melhor jogador da partida em Gullit .... mas ele deu uma pré- assistência. ..em um gol contra!!!

17. carlito86

carlito86 Member+

Jan 11, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #167 carlito86, Apr 26, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2024
    Foggia had the second worst defensive record of any team in the 1991/92 Serie A division
    30222ADB-CBE5-40B6-87A5-347A25D48761.jpeg
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991–92_Serie_A

only team worse was Ascoli and they literally finished bottom of the division

That 8-2 was also the final game of the season
    What exactly was foggia playing for at this point?

foggia 91/92 also conceded hattricks against

Carlo Cornacchia(a right back)
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/atalanta-bc_foggia-calcio/index/spielbericht/2216606

Gabriel batistuta

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/foggia-calcio_ac-fiorentina/index/spielbericht/2216535

that is Gabriel batistuta who played for 12th place Fiorentina(and not first place Milan)

Roberto baggio(juventus)
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/juventus-fc_foggia-calcio/index/spielbericht/2216523

Dmitriy Radchenko(Spartak Moscow)
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/dinamo-moscow_spartak-moscow/index/spielbericht/2981730

in one season Foggia 1991/92 conceded 5 hattricks by 5 different players

even by a defender
    C899C430-6D0E-4946-B5A7-D13FFF5296B3.jpeg

18. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Yes, I think surely you saw more than me of him playing live for AC Milan (I did see him sometimes and of course in Euro 88 for example too). There are a small number of videos on Youtube indeed, such as performances vs Real Madrid in the European Cup, or these ones:

To be honest I didn't look more into the history of Terry Fox yet (just what I read yesterday when you mentioned him), and I kind of promised that I would be helping with a task on another thread (tallying votes for best players of each year/season), so I should be concentrating on that right now (I already delayed it a bit, and for the older years votes it is a bit complicated to deal with), but it has been great to interact with you and get your thoughts and memories about things (it seems like, similar to a member that used to post called RoyOfTheRovers, you were able to see games from long ago - do you remember which were the earliest games of Puskas or Di Stefano you may have watched in full? - I guess you saw Sastre playing in Brazilian football did you?)

All the best anyway, and of course I can continue to reply a little bit even while I am helping with that task.

19. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    IIRC this would have been better to post than that one vs Inter Milan, as far as Van Basten goes anyway as opposed to Gullit:

This is vs Real Madrid from 1988/89 which I'm sure you're familiar with Wiliam anyway!

20. Wiliam Felipe Gracek

Santos FC
    France
    Feb 3, 2024

.... yes ... in Brazil .... Antonio Sastre .... was always very very famous here ... in Sao Paulo city ...had the journalist Antonio Petrin ........ he always spoken ... about ..argentinian players ...on Tv from here ...!!!

PDG1978 repped this.
  21. Wiliam Felipe Gracek

Santos FC
    France
    Feb 3, 2024

Marco van Basten .... was a great passer ..too !!! for example .... crossing ...both legs .... plays one-twos ...both legs ... ... Long range-passess ..both .... pass deeping and vision ... is pretty cool to see .. Marco van Passing ;;;;;;!!!!

PDG1978 repped this.
  22. Wiliam Felipe Gracek

Santos FC
    France
    Feb 3, 2024

....... yes .... Van Basten ... and Gullit ... i saw so many many games ... of both .... really ...so many games ... once... i saw all the matches ... in 1984/85 from marco Van Basten .... But ... the dutch guy ... take it off ... the videos ... from this whole season !!!

23. Wiliam Felipe Gracek

Santos FC
    France
    Feb 3, 2024

from Puskas and Di Stefano was ... against ...Frankfurt .... the famous 7 x 3 15 years ago ... more or less it .... i saw this game .... for the first time .. in History .... i was reallly very very impress to watching both playing .... almost unbelievable !!!

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1w8i41

PDG1978 repped this.
  24. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Yes, mainly goals/highlight clips available at the moment I think: