Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Mac Attack

Mac Attack Member

Many
    Argentina
    Oct 19, 2023
    A PL side is going to have to pay double what a team like PSG or Atletico would pay for Julian. Why would City sell him to Arsenal or Chelsea? Not likely.

2. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Julian better sort it out quickly. We dont want him ended up being another A. Correa type of player.

3. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  4. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SupaMario repped this.
  5. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Question: Who would you want by your side if you had to get into a street fight?
    Me: FU#$ING DIBU!!!!

6. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I’m hearing that Boca are not going to move forward with Porto until Porto pay off their debt for Varela. Varela is wanted by a number of teams in England and Porto want Equi to replace Alan in Porto. Apparently Boca have reached out to Porto a number of ways and they refused to return their calls. Porto and rest of those Portuguese bloodsucking clubs who make a killing on selling South American players are nickel and diming the clubs now. Good on the Bosteros for refusing to work with Porto. And now, whenever they sell Alan, and want to purchase Equi, they should get all their money upfront and take a cut when they sell the player.

Burr and soul24rage repped this.
  7. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
  9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Dybala rejected an offer to play in the KSA. I think the offer was 20ME net per year. Yeah, it would probably take 40-50 mill net per year to even move for him to consider it.!

Rattlehead repped this.
  10. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It would just take Oriana’s word for it to happen.. she has that boy on a leash!

SupaMario repped this.
  11. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In 3-5 years, he’ll have it covered when they split.

12. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

MessiNXTL and SupaMario repped this.
  13. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    People were delusional if they thought he was gonna go back and play. The likes of Messi and ADM are just too high profile. Life would be far too difficult. They’ll be prisoners in their own home. At least here, people value some privacy. The poor guy couldn’t even go to a restaurant without having a giant mob outside wanting to see him. It’s flattering but I’m sure also tiresome.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if they just raise their family here in the States, even though he said they’ll go back to Barcelona.

Albiceleste2010, Rattlehead and Burr repped this.
  14. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't get the point of going to Boca instead of Europe unless Atlanta is really having that much trouble selling, but sure...

soul24rage and SupaMario repped this.
  15. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    E. Barco did the same exact thing. Made a lucrative move to the MLS and decided to go back to the Primera where he is with River.

It’s kinda stupid. I think Atlanta bought him when the market was hot. Buy for 17-18 mill, and they’ll flip him for 30. Well, the market has somewhat stalled. They bought him for 17 mill, paid him a handsome salary and he has time left on his contact. Atlanta needs to understand that they are going to take a L on this deal. Thiago also needs to make a push to Europe. He’s going to be stuck in purgatory for his career.

But I think the Almada shipped. He has not progressed in an average league. It has stagnated his career where he has gotten too comfortable. Average football. Nice salary. No pressure.

soul24rage, aerez and Burr repped this.
  16. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The thing with Almada is that they rejected an $11m offer for 50% of his transfer last year from Almeria. When Ajax and a few others came knocking on the door for him, they were also spooked with Atlanta’s demands.

So if these European sides can’t afford him, how will Boca? Riquelme is known for being a cheapskate who only goes after veterans and free agents in the market. No way he’s putting down $15 to 25m. It’s very different from the Barco deal, where River ended up happily paying $11.5m for Esequiel (what a waste, btw)

I think the only way this could go through is if Thiago puts an immense amount of pressure on Atlanta and threatens to play like shit if he stays, or something. Even then, I can only see Boca pulling off a loan with a buyout clause at best, given their transfer market history under their current leadership

soul24rage, SupaMario, aerez and 2 others repped this.
  17. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Roma are interested in Soulé. Perhaps a good place for him to grow. He’s already good friends with Paulo and Leandro.

Atalanta also have a keen eye on Carboni. Again, a good move for the youngster.

Both sides will compete in Europe. Perhaps staying in Italy is better than going to England at this stage of their careers.

18. Mac Attack

Mac Attack Member

Many
    Argentina
    Oct 19, 2023
    Roma and Atalanta would be excellent destinations for Soule and Carboni.

afar and Albiceleste2010 repped this.
  19. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Corrupt FC aka Juventus say they have no intention to sell Soule. Could be a ploy just to boost a transfer fee. Aston Villa are interested. Would be a nice move. Emery an attacking coach, CL football too. Emi and Buendia already there.

Bad news. Anselmino's agent has been contacted by Chelsea. Now Boca may get a very decent fee but career wise it's awful. The number of CBs Chelsea have and even talented defenders that they have shuffled around are incredible. Trevor Chalobah, Maatsen etc, etc.

It would be an awful career move. He's at a critical time career wise and is getting regular minutes which is what he needs. Do the Cuti career progression. Tobias Palacio the 17yo pibe is also being looked over by Manchester United scouts. He also needs to stay at Argentinos and get more experience having stepped up into the Primera and League Cup with ease. Another very bright CB prospect.

20. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Enzo Barrenechea set to sign for Aston Villa as well it appears.

SupaMario, afar and soul24rage repped this.
  21. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #23896 SupaMario, Jun 21, 2024 at 11:45 AM
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2024 at 11:52 AM
    Somebody needs to tell these kids, that this hairstyle is no good.
    Seriously, wtf…

IMG_3150.jpeg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Loco, soul24rage, Rattlehead and 2 others repped this.
  22. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Dibu is the international GK with the highest clean sheet percentage in all of history (only GKs with 40+ caps included):

E5270B3C-B141-4F8A-A4E2-6DA787D5D74C.jpeg

Of course he’s benefitted tremendously from having Ota, Licha, and mostly CUTI in front of him, but still credit where credit is due!

23. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I saw that a few days ago... Its kinda of a weird deal for another reasons. One, I think Aston Villa is also throwing in Douglas Luiz' girlfriend to Juventus women's side... She's apparently some Instagram model, which Juventus think will help expand their women's team's brand... Shrugs....

Two, I am not sure if this is a good move for Enzo. I am not sure if he'll ever be a world-beater but going to England where he'll be on the bench for a competitive Villa side is not ideal. Maybe they can loan him out to some middle to bottom half La Liga side.

Albiceleste2010 and soul24rage repped this.
  24. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  25. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    @locoxriver
    @Loco

Adidas is going to retro these kits and release them. From 99 and 94. I wonder if it’ll be only back home or a a worldwide release.

I wish adidas went back to making unique kits instead using the same damn template for every single team.

IMG_3154.jpeg IMG_3155.jpeg

Loco and locoxriver repped this.