Pre-match: 2024 Friendly: Colombia vs. Bolivia (6/15/24, Saturday - 5:00 PM EST)

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Furnaccio, Jun 10, 2024.

1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown BigSoccer Yellow Card

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #101 HomietheClown, Jun 15, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2024
    Honestly, I did not really care what the score was or who scored at all... .. I just wanted Diaz and Arias to not play. ( I mean I am a tiny bit happy for Cordoba scoring again in his second start but if we see Santos Borre against Paraguay it will be meaningless and disappointing.)
    But anyway,
    Lorenzo took the chance of playing those two guys and it almost gave me a heart attack seeing both of them on the ground in pain. And to top it all off we had a huge fight with the bolivians because they kept on clobbering Diaz to the ground.

I do not understand why those two had to play at all today and never will be convinced that they should have started.

Glad they are not nicked up too badly though but still. We really did not need to see them play. We should have seen other players.

Now we have to wait nine days for show time. These dress rehearsals were great but this team needs to do it when the lights go on in the Copa.

2. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I reported the post.

3. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    There must be a marketing/business aspect where Lorenzo has to feature James/Lucho for __ minutes. Otherwise, we should have had 3 subs at half time.

excited for June 24!! I’ll start a thread in the next couple of days

ryu79 repped this.
  4. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    funny we should legalize it and sell it internationally. Us will single handily make us the 3rds biggest economy because their little white prices love that shit

5. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  6. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Funny. The cocaine derby was last week since all of that coke comes to U.S.

kromekote repped this.
  7. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I don't think so, it just seems to be his style to treat friendlies like a serious game. James had to play to get fitness, Diaz and Arias no idea why they have to be playing, young guys like Yaser need to see minutes to get up to speed to be ready when needed.

8. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The first match is 9 days away

he just figured he wanted the starters to get as much burn as possible

9. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    They mentioned this on Caracol. There will be a fine and (red cards) affect FIFA ranking points although not sure just how much it weights. They mentioned the Cardona mocking vs Korea had a FIFA ruling against Cardona where he was suspended for several matches but this wouldn't qualify as that type of agression.

While that was a horrible tackle vs Diaz that could have ended in injury there was a lot of show off play in the 2nd half.

10. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    At times we looked like 2014 colombia

11. HomietheClown

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Let's hope that happens if we face Uruguay in the knockouts.

Furnaccio repped this.
  12. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    and America, which is what I'm really craving.

13. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Sure time to rly cement the starting 11.

14. HomietheClown

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    We did not face USA in 2014 but I get your point.

15. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    reckless is what Lorenzo did.
    there was no need to keep Diaz 70+ mins

16. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    100%....same with Arias.

17. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he had like 7 guys warming up as soon as the 2nd half started. Issue is people kept running in to hug Diaz and James that really killed the 2nd half then the fight felt like it took 20 minutes that we never got back. I am shocked they even added 3 minutes and didnt just end it at 90. idiots on both sides of the goal took flares.

the refs let too much stuff happen in the 1st half and the cops/security let too much slide with fans and shit got wild by the end. some drunk dude got tackled so hard his shoes fell off was kind of funny. Some other guy hit a security guard then you saw like 5 of those dude punching and kicking him for being an idiot.

subs this game didnt work but its more we stopped playing so they wouldn't injure us. Borja and Yaser didnt really get a fair chance.

Quintero was warming up the whole 2nd Half and never came on. People were screaming for him. Guess I am the only Colombia who doesnt like him haha

18. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali

shame on the parents letting so many of their little kids run on the field. Parents will be fined accordingly but it sets up a bad precedent.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  19. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    at the end it was teenagers. I mean the first 2-3 kids that did it all seemed under 10. The security basically paraded the 1st 2 kids around like if they had won the World Cup or cured cancer. That made everyone else do it.

At the end it was just drunk a holes. At one point 6 people invaded the field. the end of the game was bad when players walked off the field felt like 10 people rushed. One kid ran from one side of the field to the other. Jumped the fence and escaped haha. He went to hug a player but the police blocked him.

Hope this does not happen during Copa America. I been to most the friendlies in NYC, Boston, and Hartford and never seen a shit show like yesterday.

20. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I'm thinking that Hartford stadium security was probably not expecting this type of game/audience. Until the fines are high and clearly stated with every ticket purchase and posted everywhere upon stadium entry "any unlawful entry onto the stadium grounds will be a punishable offense of minimum $750 up to $2000 in fines and and suspension of entry into any future US stadium for the next 5 years" ....or something similar..... same with people that can't hold their booze. Otherwise, we'll continue to see the same.

I think the usual consequence is like less than $200 and you may get ejected from the game.

J-Mezzy repped this.