The Iraqi Players Abroad Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by Mussab86, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Osama continuing his brilliant form and scored directly from a corner in a 3-0 win. He better be in the final squad for our upcoming friendlies.

Iraqilambo repped this.
  2. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Bashar Rasen played nearly the entire game helping his team beat Al Sadd in the second leg of the AFC Champions League semi final. This means we'll have an Iraqi in the AFC Champions League final for the first time since Emad Muhammad & Abdul-Wahab Abu Al-Hail in 2007.

To this day no Iraqi has won the AFC Champions League so Bashar Rasen has the opportunity to be the first. Persepolis will face either Suwon Bluewings or Kashima Antlers in the final.

Yas-The-Gunner repped this.
  3. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Bashar is doing really well with Persepolis. Great to see players like him and Humam joining ACL teams and not settling for AFC Cup. The Iraqi media keeps saying Al-Zawraa will be playing ACL next season but I won't believe it until I see it lol.

By the way Abbas Obeid won the ACL with Pohang Steelers in 1998 and scored the winning penalty in the final, although it wasn't called ACL back then but technically the same competition.

Iraqilambo repped this.
  4. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Exactly. The only team that participated in recent years was Shorta in 2014. I think we still don't have the licenses for participation in ACL.

Yas-The-Gunner repped this.