Russia 2018: Ticket Thread

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by Gustavo Fonseca, Feb 17, 2017.

1. DutchMaster

DutchMaster Member

Arsenal
    England
    Apr 27, 2018
    Looks like deliveries to the US is picking up.

2. dsgerbc

dsgerbc New Member

May 3, 2018
    Yeah, but I gotta know the list of documents before I (hopefully) get that e-mail, cause I may need to prepare them before I leave.

3. jrizom75

jrizom75 New Member

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    May 14, 2018
    Sad story!

My strategy in Brazil, and now in Russia, was to buy flights to all the cities were my teams (i have brazilian-colombian dual citizenship) could play in the second round, the week-end right after the World Cup draw (December). I purchased tickets at $100-150 dollars each. If my team ended up playing that game or the game ended up being cool, (e.g. i watched Costa Rica - Netherlands, i could end up watching Belgium-Poland in Rostov,) i would use the plane tickets. If my team didn't play and the game was shitty (no offense, e.g. Greece - Costa Rica in Recife R16), i would just not use the plane tickets and try to sell the game tickets.

It is much better to loose a couple of $150 dollar plane tickets, than to loose watching my team's R16/QTF because the plane tickets sky rocketed to $1000, or there aren't any available. I remember tons of tickets were lost for Brazil - Colombia in Fortaleza because there were simply no flights available. One of my buddies took a plane to Recife and then drove 10 hours with his 75 yr old father to that game! Another friend thought about renting a private plane, but demand was so high that it was easily $20.000 (!), and he ended up loosing the tickets.

JPNYC repped this.
  4. DutchMaster

DutchMaster Member

Arsenal
    England
    Apr 27, 2018
    "WC Tickets Notifier" and "TicketAlert"

5. futbowl

futbowl New Member

Barcelona
    Mexico
    Thursday
    any idea which one is better?

6. DutchMaster

DutchMaster Member

Arsenal
    England
    Apr 27, 2018
    Further to the above, in the US the instructions re: docs will be as follows:

If someone will collect on your behalf, then that person must bring the following two forms of identification:
    1. A letter from you, the Receiver of the parcel, authorizing the person to collect on your behalf and containing the following information:
      1. the name of the person collecting;
      2. the DHL Waybill No. for the shipment;
      3. your full address;
      4. your signature;
      5. the date the DHL Courier left a delivery notice, if applicable.
    2. A government issued photo ID; for example, a driving license or passport.

dsgerbc repped this.
  7. DutchMaster

DutchMaster Member

Arsenal
    England
    Apr 27, 2018
    "WC Tickets Notifier" for me, in terms of speed of notification. The recent drops have all occurred within a certain time frame, so I open up the page close to the time and wait and as soon as I receive the notification, I start carting. It's worked thus far but there might be better methods.

8. ecuaness

ecuaness New Member

Feb 5, 2014
    New York City
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    No need for resale sites for the world cup. Eventually tickets start pouring in and folks start cancelling trips cuz life... just gotta live on the portal daily and eventually between that and dope members offering at FV, you should land em. Good luck.

9. themanlarry

themanlarry Member

Nov 14, 2005
    Ticket alert has a delay of approx 15 minutes. Every time I've been carting and already in there for what seems like forever before it goes off. Better to just hang around the forum (or World Cup whatsapp groups if you are in any usually mention when there is a drop).

10. Donal

Donal Member

Arsenal
    Republic of Ireland
    Jan 13, 2018
    Same. I got cat 3 seats for Portugal vs Morocco. In the corner 3 rows from the pitch. I'd actually choose that location over my cat 1 Poland seats and they cost double.

Ah well. First World problems. Could be worse haha.

leonidas and DutchMaster repped this.
  11. teefy92

teefy92 Member

Manchester United
    Argentina
    Apr 20, 2018
    Is there any that still allow members to join?

Side note: Got the infamous DHL delivery text and email today should be getting my tickets for Portugal vs Morocco cat 1 tomorrow morning. Interested nonetheless to see where fifa have managed to stick me up in. Either way stoked. So for any Brits still waiting, persevere they should be coming real soon!

12. JPNYC

JPNYC Member

New York Red Bulls
    Mexico
    Nov 1, 2013
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls

Yea, buying multiple cheap flights early on and simply not using some is definitely the way to go. My wife actually ended up telling me to go and fly alone to Fortaleza because she knew how much it meant to me but I knew deep down leaving her alone in Rio (the rest of the group flew home after 2 days in Rio) was not the right thing to do, not to mention the cost of flying there and back. Lesson learned.

bbffc97 and FootballPirateMorgan repped this.
  13. FootballPirateMorgan

Australia
    Feb 20, 2018
    I've ordered tickets to Colombia with an Australian passport, and had no problems, scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

14. FootballPirateMorgan

Australia
    Feb 20, 2018
    Yeah, for this World Cup, you could actually pay about 1,900 rubles more (about US$30) to make the tickets refundable with Aeroflot flights. That's what I did, small extra price to pay, and that way you can just return and flights you end up not needing. It was a nice insurance policy before I had actually received any tickets through the second random draw phase.

bbffc97 repped this.
  15. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Good point... I love the party atmosphere of group stage. This is gonna be nuts. How are
    They going to house people? People gonna fly into doha from Dubai and Abu Dhabi? Hotel and Airbnb prices tho...

Gistavo Amaral repped this.
  16. uuaww

uuaww Member

Nov 21, 2007
    New Orleans, LA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    qatar airways is actually very awesome. qatar airways opens up award availability at a very specific date. If they do that as normal, I will grab my self a RT biz ticket with AA miles. Hotel will suck.

17. tedmak

tedmak Member

Manchester City
    Argentina
    Nov 11, 2017
    I think, even with all the stuff that has been written about it, Qatar will be SO hard to get tickets for. The dispute with the GCC will be over by then and there will be easy access from all the neighbouring countries - particularly UAE.
    Am definitely going.

18. FKCZ

FKCZ New Member

Red Star Belgrade
    Serbia
    Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Doubtful, given that the UAE has an economic blockade of Qatar going on...

19. uuaww

uuaww Member

Nov 21, 2007
    New Orleans, LA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    pre draw is never hard to get tix for. just choose the seeded teams and stay away from the 1 stadium that isn't actually in doha (prob won't have seeded teams anyways). Tix with a seeded team will not be tough to trade.

the WC that will be tough to get tix to will be when USA hosts... but again, pre draw... nothing is too hard. Although if that happens I am becoming a mega-tout lol

20. jrizom75

jrizom75 New Member

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    May 14, 2018
    good idea uuaww.

when does Qatar Airways opens award availability? 12 months?

21. jrizom75

jrizom75 New Member

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    May 14, 2018
    Talking about Qatar, i found this presentation about the transportation project for Qatar. Basically all host cities and stadiums will be connected by train / metro. I am sure you'll be able to go to 3 games in one day.
    It is a bit old (2014), which actually gives you an idea of their long term planning, but it has a good comparison of most recent world cups.
    for all world cup junkies this is quite a cool reading

https://www.slideshare.net/daviesdf/qatar-2022-planning-for-a-world-cup

unfortunately this will probably be the 1st WC with 48 games. So many of the group stage games will be like San Marino vs. Turks and Caicos, in their first world cup. Present from Gigantino

22. KayC

KayC Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Have u ever been around there in Summer? Hard to breathe when walking out at midnight! Fifa certainly did not have the fans in mind there...

23. jrizom75

jrizom75 New Member

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    May 14, 2018
  24. tedmak

tedmak Member

Manchester City
    Argentina
    Nov 11, 2017
    Where does it show the 'printed' status, please?

25. tedmak

tedmak Member

Manchester City
    Argentina
    Nov 11, 2017
    The tournament has been moved to a norther winter.
    Will be a great break for people in Europe, (5 to 7 hours away) for example.