Russia 2018: Ticket Thread (sales at face-value ONLY)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by Gustavo Fonseca, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diegomaradona1010

Sep 16, 2017
    Exact same thing has happened to me as I said yesterday. I provided the passport but my item hasn't cleared custom 4 days after the fact. I called DHL and they said it'll get to me in North America within 48 hours of clearing customs. We still have plenty of time.

2. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey @marianelah , Guess whos TST7 shows printed now. Even the Final. Not yet shipped, But progress. :thumbsup:

BEER

sart91, leonidas, BuddhaWake and 3 others repped this.
  3. negrogp

negrogp Member

Argentina
    Apr 15, 2014
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    All the people I know paid from 1500 to 7000 another guy who bought corporate. Median was 3000
    No one cared for location, any place would do it

4. JPNYC

JPNYC Member

New York Red Bulls
    Mexico
    Nov 1, 2013
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I just checked, my TST7 says printed as well.

5. FKCZ

FKCZ New Member

Red Star Belgrade
    Serbia
    Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    From the WTF FIFA department.

I am trying to list one of my unwanted games (M51) on StubHub in order to hopefully get enough for them to buy M41 there (so essentially an even trade, with an intermediary). As part of the verification process StubHub requested a copy of the FIFA confirmation e-mail and we just discovered that back in November when I bought 4 x 4 tickets FIFA's e-mail listed only 3 of the games (and naturally, the one I want to sell is not listed).

It is totally insane. The e-mail lists only 12 of my 16 tickets and then the correct total order price. I am trying to persuade StubHub this was just some idiotic FIFA glitch. (The 12 shown tickets combined cost $1,580 and the order total shown is $2,320.)

To be clear, yesterday I physically received all 16 tickets, and my FIFA account page shows them all, so I am not worried about the tickets themselves. But for some reason the e-mail was truncated.

Hopefully StubHub will be sensible about it...

Attached Files:

6. negrogp

negrogp Member

Argentina
    Apr 15, 2014
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    True. Immigration officers said around 60.000 where in Rio that weekend. Only 15.000 in the stadium.
    Probably one of my sadest days in football. I've never watched the match again. Ever. Can't stand it.

7. DrDreana

DrDreana Member

FC Barcelona
    Brazil
    Mar 13, 2018
    just read up on the deadline for reselling in the terms and conditions.

Cåsssius repped this.
  8. uuaww

uuaww Member

Nov 21, 2007
    New Orleans, LA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    back to ticketscanners... If you have a ticket scanner or app and want to keep it active at all times for android you need to turn off optimizer for it. So as long as it is in your used apps, it will stay open and you will constantly get alerts.

Go to apps and notifications>click app>battery>manage battery usage>all apps

then press and hold it to "not optimized"

Superdinamo and leonidas repped this.
  9. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Sold my R16 to a Dutchman in pub in Porto Allegre for full cat 1 FV and a pint of beer. Couldn’t understand a word but it was a good night

bbffc97, vamoBrasil and Licho repped this.
  10. onlinetick

onlinetick Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Haven't had a chance to catch up on last few pages, but my TST7 finally shows PRINTED today.

11. futbowl

futbowl Member

Barcelona
    Mexico
    May 17, 2018
    anyone have any ticket/drop alert apps for the iPhone? I have been looking through the forums and can't find a name

12. DrDreana

DrDreana Member

FC Barcelona
    Brazil
    Mar 13, 2018
    just read up on the deadline for reselling in the terms and conditions because there is a deadline to resell tickets based on the date of the game. Think it’s 3 days or something, not 100% sure.

Cåsssius repped this.
  13. dsgerbc

dsgerbc Member

May 3, 2018
    Leaving home in a week, but no word from DHL yet. A family member should be able to pick them up if they arrive shortly after I depart. I presume something like a notarized letter is needed for them pick the tickets up at the DHL hold-at location, similar to those required for a third-person pick-up at the ticketing center?
    Anybody had their relatives pick the tickets up at a DHL office?

14. Mrmagu

Mrmagu Member

Corinthians
    Brazil
    Nov 14, 2017
    There are instructions in DHL on Demand site. When you receive the email about delivery of the tickets, there will be a link to track the package and to change the delivery way and instructions of documents your relative will need to pick up your tickets.

15. marianelah

marianelah Member

Real Madrid
    El Salvador
    Jan 14, 2006
    Damn!!! Congrats ; I guess

16. funkymx

funkymx New Member

Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 26, 2017
    I havent received yet my tickets in Mexico, the email from dhl neither. I have a cat3 korea mexico. I will travel to London in May 29. It is possible to get the ticket in fifa office in London or Moscow?

17. DutchMaster

DutchMaster Member

Arsenal
    England
    Apr 27, 2018
    You'd also stand a very good chance of getting very good seats. For Por-Mor, I carted a ticket 4 rows from the field and it was Cat 2 (albeit more towards the corner).

The best seats appear to be sponsor/hospitality tickets and then after that it's basically imaginary classifications based on FIFA's whims and caprices. Exaggerating, but still...

Daniel Knickelbein repped this.
  18. DutchMaster

DutchMaster Member

Arsenal
    England
    Apr 27, 2018
    Looks like deliveries to the US is picking up.

19. dsgerbc

dsgerbc Member

May 3, 2018
    Yeah, but I gotta know the list of documents before I (hopefully) get that e-mail, cause I may need to prepare them before I leave.

20. jrizom75

jrizom75 Member

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    May 14, 2018
    Sad story!

My strategy in Brazil, and now in Russia, was to buy flights to all the cities were my teams (i have brazilian-colombian dual citizenship) could play in the second round, the week-end right after the World Cup draw (December). I purchased tickets at $100-150 dollars each. If my team ended up playing that game or the game ended up being cool, (e.g. i watched Costa Rica - Netherlands, i could end up watching Belgium-Poland in Rostov,) i would use the plane tickets. If my team didn't play and the game was shitty (no offense, e.g. Greece - Costa Rica in Recife R16), i would just not use the plane tickets and try to sell the game tickets.

It is much better to loose a couple of $150 dollar plane tickets, than to loose watching my team's R16/QTF because the plane tickets sky rocketed to $1000, or there aren't any available. I remember tons of tickets were lost for Brazil - Colombia in Fortaleza because there were simply no flights available. One of my buddies took a plane to Recife and then drove 10 hours with his 75 yr old father to that game! Another friend thought about renting a private plane, but demand was so high that it was easily $20.000 (!), and he ended up loosing the tickets.

JPNYC repped this.
  21. DutchMaster

DutchMaster Member

Arsenal
    England
    Apr 27, 2018
    "WC Tickets Notifier" and "TicketAlert"

22. futbowl

futbowl Member

Barcelona
    Mexico
    May 17, 2018
    any idea which one is better?

23. DutchMaster

DutchMaster Member

Arsenal
    England
    Apr 27, 2018
    Further to the above, in the US the instructions re: docs will be as follows:

If someone will collect on your behalf, then that person must bring the following two forms of identification:
    1. A letter from you, the Receiver of the parcel, authorizing the person to collect on your behalf and containing the following information:
      1. the name of the person collecting;
      2. the DHL Waybill No. for the shipment;
      3. your full address;
      4. your signature;
      5. the date the DHL Courier left a delivery notice, if applicable.
    2. A government issued photo ID; for example, a driving license or passport.

dsgerbc repped this.
  24. DutchMaster

DutchMaster Member

Arsenal
    England
    Apr 27, 2018
    "WC Tickets Notifier" for me, in terms of speed of notification. The recent drops have all occurred within a certain time frame, so I open up the page close to the time and wait and as soon as I receive the notification, I start carting. It's worked thus far but there might be better methods.

25. ecuaness

ecuaness New Member

Feb 5, 2014
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    No need for resale sites for the world cup. Eventually tickets start pouring in and folks start cancelling trips cuz life... just gotta live on the portal daily and eventually between that and dope members offering at FV, you should land em. Good luck.