Rob Stone: US Manager shortlist is Ramos, Tata Martino, Marsch, Berhalter, Friedel, Osorio & Vermes.

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by soonertony, May 5, 2018.

1. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

None
    United States
    May 29, 2016
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    When he and his interviewees hit a Bar, it's Snickers all evening long.

2. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Top notch trolling.

russ and TOAzer repped this.
  3. Borrachin

Borrachin Member+

Feb 28, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Grant needs to play nice so that he continues getting all the great benefits that USSF provides. Oh how I wish our media were more like the Mexican media where they have soldiers that all they do is bash anything the Mexican federation and coaches do. And the tv stations just love it.

Patrick167 repped this.
  4. #8or#6

#8or#6 Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Aug 15, 2017
    "It is what it is. It's news that USSF is moving from wanting to announce by Nov 1 to by Dec 31. I've reported that G Berhalter is the heavy favorite. That's as far as I can go right now."

Another Wahl reporting gem.

TrueCrew, Eighteen Alpha and Borrachin repped this.
  5. Borrachin

Borrachin Member+

Feb 28, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m in the wrong business, should have been a freaking soccer reporter. Hey guys US Soccer is going to hire a human at some point in the future. Also, soccer balls are round. See you next week.

21st Century Pele, #8or#6 and Suyuntuy repped this.
  6. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    Rumored new USMNT jersey

[​IMG]

SteelyTom repped this.
  7. dlokteff

dlokteff Member+

Jan 22, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Change the FUBU to FUBAR and we got something.

8. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    Nice.

9. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    FUBAR could be the away jerseys.

SamsArmySam repped this.
  10. kickin365

kickin365 Member

Mar 4, 2002
    SNAFU at home? Third kit as AWOL? all accurately describe the state of affairs.

21st Century Pele repped this.
  11. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    What's the hurry?

12. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    Heard Sarachan on Counterattack yesterday. He said he was seriously considered, but he's not one of the final two. So, supposedly it's between two candidates at this point.

13. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look, dummies, it is Berhalter. USSF does not want to announce it while the Crew season is ongoing. If they had lost to DC it would have been announced already.

As soon as the Crew season is over, they will announce within a couple days.

Everyone got it? Yeesh.

14. HScoach13

HScoach13 Member

Nov 30, 2016
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I stated a long time ago that we will have a new coach when the fighting Berhalters of Columbus lose or win the MLS cup whichever comes first. If someone else is hired the CIA needs to interview US Soccer on how they keep secrets

Winoman repped this.
  15. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really wish we as fans could boycott US matches, but then the other countries' fans will just get all the tickets. We're simply powerless to do anything about our incompetent leadership.

16. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, I've made that point exactly. We've got absolutely no leverage with US Soccer. They make next to nothing on memorabilia. Whether or not we watch on TV or in the stands makes f all of an impact on ratings or ticket sales. They make bank on TV contracts, away ticket sales, and all the other national teams playing friendlies in the US.

It's actually a pretty unique situation for a company to be in. Someone should explain to other business owners how to treat the intended customer of your product like dog shiite but keep increasing profits year on year.

I asked the community for a suggestion and one I received was to bring a lawsuit against US Soccer, but I'm not sure how that would work and on what grounds we would have to sue.

The other option would be to start a competing soccer federation, but we know how much power FIFA and CONCACAF have, so that would be an exercise in futility.

For me specifically, it's a tough situation because my love for the sport really begins and ends with the success of the National Team. I wasn't raised to be a soccer fan, I became one during the summer of '94. I haven't gravitated to any club team as to me it seems somewhat disingenuous to just pick a club team and support them. While Atlanta has a team now, I find MLS (all personal preference, so no flaming me) really tough to watch. So, since the US team has struggled so mightily, I've really found my interest in following the game plummet. I haven't been able to sit through the recent friendlies. It's just all so dour right now.

I'm hopeful that bringing Adams, Pulisic and McKennie back into the fold and the addition of Sargeant, as well as the high powered nature of our rivals in the next two matches brings some spice back into the games.

17. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a very easily solution: stop watching the MNT. I'm nearly close to doing so myself.

Statman and Borrachin repped this.
  18. Pragidealist

Pragidealist Member+

Mar 3, 2010
    An interesting possibility... they narrow it to two but wait to make the final call until after the playoffs...

19. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Regardless of their hold on power if MLS is not good enough for you, a competing federation starting from the ground up would most likely be below that level for quite a while, if not forever. Unless you'd be in it just for the principle, in which case there are already ways to support grassroots soccer in the U.S. outside the establishment.

20. SamsArmySam

SamsArmySam Member+

Apr 13, 2001
    Minneapolis, MN
    "beginning to"

nearly spit out my coffee on that one

well played

#8or#6 and russ repped this.
  21. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #4921 Master O, Nov 9, 2018 at 11:03 AM
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018 at 11:19 AM
    USSF's been laughing at the fanbase for generations. It has no ambition to field competitive MNTs yet takes the fanbase's money (and foreign fanbases based in the US's) anyway. It has a nice racket going, just like FIFA.

#8or#6 and Winoman repped this.
  22. SteelyTom

SteelyTom Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Boston, MA USA
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Loving this jersey's CONCACAF vibe.

23. vreleven

vreleven Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    I don't think they lack ambition, it's just not "hit copy" easy like the WNT xerox machine. And let's be real, that works like it does because x number of countries have something "pro," "semi-pro," or even college. Where we are, there are several pro leagues just in our region and we're almost as good at providing a home for our competitors' players as a place to develop ours. And then there are leagues like ours all over the earth. So a basic league doesn't do it and we lack ideas beyond the obvious.

The one thing we have done is the USL linkup but we undercut its value by having so many international slots that squeeze out the roster room to progress upwards.

25. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    But like I said before, when did we suddenly get so shy? Is this how Stewart was handled? Klinsi for Bradley? Arena for Klinsi? Past practice (recent) is announce the new holder in his old job, or float the new guy before the old guy is officially canned.