Official 2018 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2018.

1. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, I'll admit that I watched too few Division 2 games, this season, to know what line-up those teams use: so do you know for sure that Yokohama FC Seagulls use a flat 4-4-2?

2. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say they probably don't play three at the back like Nittaidai.

3. pierre bezukhov

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    I think Minamino should be in this season's best eleven. She has played well and scored goals, which is what a striker is supposed to do. Getting a game for Nadeshiko is a tougher proposition.

For Nadeshiko, Yokoyama is the better player obviously and I like Sugasawa's height and speed; she just offers something a little different. Obviously Tanaka goes in, so it is hard to find a place for Minamino.

But I would like to see Minamino picked some of the above get injured, because she does have a good eye for goal.

blissett and unepommekun repped this.
  4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    At which time the Japan-Norway friendly match should be on Sunday for European-based follower?

I'm going to start asking very early if it is likely that there will be a streaming available. :ninja:

5. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    Now I've only seen Minamino play for the 2nd half of this season, but it seems to me that she has the same problem so many other Japanese players have: She can't put a shot on target with both power and accuracy. I see this as a critical skill for any attacking player, and Sugasawa, Iwabuchi, Kyokawa, Tanaka, Kawasumi, Yokoyama, Arimachi, Kiryu etc. can all do this. Even Wada is superior to Minamino in this regard.

From what I've seen, Minamino scores goals because of her positioning or thanks to goalkeeper errors, but not because of her finishing skills. Ideally, a striker should excel at both positioning and finishing.

Eh.

unepommekun repped this.
  6. unepommekun

unepommekun Member

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
  7. unepommekun

unepommekun Member

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Miyake Shiori left the team due to injury.

8. pierre bezukhov

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    I think you make fair points.

However, Minamino has scored some pretty good goals this season and more importantly her best goals have been when she has shot without taking a first touch; basically striker's goals. She is also good with her head. But key for me is that she actually scores goals. I am not saying she is Japan's best striker, but I think good form and goals should be rewarded.

As for your list of players...Yokoyama, Kiyokawa and Sugasawa this season have been good, but the rest of the above you list have not scored that many goals. You have to score goals, though Inac spread their goals through the team, which is partly due to Iwabuchi's play.

The Tanaka I was referring to was Mina Tanaka.

Mina Tanaka is perplexing. She is obviously the best striker in the Nadeshiko League, but I am not sure that means she is the best striker for Nadeshiko. I understand why she gets picked. But this year Wikipedia says she has scored 8 goals for Nadeshiko, but seriously when did she score those goals and against whom? Blisset can you tell me?

She scored one goal at the AFC and TON and nothing at the Algarve Cup and she started most of those games. That is something like 2 goals in 11 games. It is a pretty poor return for somebody who is an automatic starter. At what point does Takakura think about starting with somebody different? Of course now that I have written that she will score thee goals against Norway.

And G, HS10Legend and blissett repped this.
  9. pierre bezukhov

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    It is definitely being shown live on Japanese television. Though I am thinking I might go watch the game. But it is in Tottori Prefecture! I thought it would be in Tokyo.

blissett repped this.
  10. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    1-0 vs. Ghana 7-1 (friendly)
    4-0 vs Vietnam 4-0 (AFC Cup)
    1-0/2-1/3-1 vs. New Zealand 3-1 (friendly)
    1-1 vs. USA 2-4 (ToN)
    4-0/7-0 vs. Vietnam 7-0 (Asian Games)

11. pierre bezukhov

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Thanks for that Lechus7. Basically she has scored one goal this season against quality opposition at international level. I know that sounds harsh, but that is how it is.

blissett repped this.
  12. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Tanaka 15 caps/ 8 goals

1-0 vs. Ghana 7-1 (friendly)
    4-0 vs Vietnam 4-0 (AFC Cup)
    1-0/2-1/3-1 vs. New Zealand 3-1 (friendly)
    1-1 vs. USA 2-4 (ToN)
    4-0/7-0 vs. Vietnam 7-0 (Asian Games)

Iwabuchi 17 caps/ 7 goals

2-6 vs. Netherlands 2-6 (Algarve)
    2-0 vs. Denmark 2-0 (Algarve)
    2-1 vs. Ghana 7-1 (friendly)
    3-0 vs. Vietnam 4-0 (AFC Cup)
    1-0 vs. China 3-1 (AFC Cup)
    1-0 vs. Thailand 2-0 (Asian Games)
    1-0 vs. Korea DPR 2-1 (Asian Games)

Sugasawa 16 caps/ 6 goals

1-0 vs. Iceland 2-1 (Algarve)
    6-1 vs. Ghana 7-1 (friendly)
    1-0/6-0 vs. Vietnam 7-0 (Asian Games)
    1-0 vs. Korea Rep. 2-1 (Asian Games)
    1-0 vs. China 1-0 (Asian Games)

Yokoyama 10 caps/ 4 goals

1-0 vs. Vietnam 4-0 (AFC Cup)
    2-0/3-0 vs. China 3-1 (AFC Cup)
    1-0 vs. Australia 1-0 (AFC Cup)

Masuya 12 caps/ 3 goals

3-1 vs. Ghana 7-1 (friendly)
    1-2 vs. Brazil 1-2 (ToN)
    5-0 vs. Vietnam (Asian Games)

Momiki 6 caps/ 2 goals

2-0 vs. Thailand 2-0 (Asian Games)
    2-0 vs. Vietnam 7-0 (Asian Games)

13. HS10Legend

HS10Legend Member

Mar 16, 2017
    Germany
    Club:
    NTV Beleza
    Miyazawa's dribbling skills are just insane :eek:
    I mean Masuya is not a defender, so her positioning may not be ideal,
    but she is still a quality player and Miyazawa beats her with ease.
    And this is not the only positive action of her in these training sessions.

In my opinion, she is more than ready to take a major role in this team ;)

14. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    Plus one goal disallowed for imaginary offside. Including that one, I think her first three goals were all headers? Also, she had like four assists in that Vietnam game alone. More of a midfielder than anyone else in that list, really.

Yes, me too. Of course Tanayo is even better at striking the ball, and with both feet at that.

I wouldn't call Tanamina the best Nadeshiko League striker though. IMO Sugasawa is at least as good while Iwabuchi and Yokoyama are superior in general; Iwabuchi being a more versatile and creative player while Yokoyama is simply a scoring machine unlike anyone else Japan has ever produced.

What Tanamina does have going for her is that she doesn't seem to have any real weaknesses, and of course that she plays for the one Nadeshiko League club that actually plays modern football, which is really the main reason why she can score so consistently.

But since I've mentioned Kiryu: I'm starting to think she is exactly the player the Nadeshiko need on the right wing. She's left-footed, she's really fast (and with a couple of years to go before her pace will decline), she's very technical, she has great positioning and movement, and she has one of the most powerful shots in Japanese women's football. It's a shame that her career has plummeted lately. She rarely impressed when playing for the Nadeshiko in the past, but that's because she was usually played out of position on the left wing. I remember only one game where she played on the right (two or three years ago?) and she was brilliant then. And having a pacey player like Kiryu on the right as part of a front three would also open up the possibility of playing Yokoyama on the left instead of Kawasumi, which isn't really an option when playing Momiki.

But of course Takakura isn't going to call her up and will stick with the 4-4-2 anyway, so it's a moot point as always.

15. pierre bezukhov

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Thanks for that Lechus7! Where do you find these stats? Or do you keep them yourself?

At a cursory glance Tanaka's stats look impressive, but once you look at it more closely she has been quite poor. She should be in the squad, but I am not sure she should be an automatic starter.

I would argue that Sugasawa has done a better job in more important games

I am surprised by how many goals Iwabuchi has scored. She is an automatic starter when fit.

16. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    blissett and unepommekun repped this.
  17. HS10Legend

HS10Legend Member

Mar 16, 2017
    Germany
    Club:
    NTV Beleza
    Japan u17 wins the last game before the World Cup against South Korea 3-1.
    Meanwhile, Ikeda has given all players a chance to show themselves.

http://www.jfa.jp/eng/news/00019472/

Manchester Nadeshiko and blissett repped this.
  18. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    blissett repped this.
  19. unepommekun

unepommekun Member

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    GK: Yamashita
    DF: Shimizu, Kumagai, Ichise, Sameshima
    MF: Nakajima, Utsugi, Miura, Hasegawa
    FW: Iwabuchi, Yokoyama

blissett, Lechus7, HS10Legend and 2 others repped this.
  20. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #4021 #5nadeshikofan, Nov 10, 2018 at 11:29 PM
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2018 at 11:35 PM
    Looks like Takakura is taking this game somewhat serious... It is a strong team she sends in to start this off.

21. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    The JFA tweeted the game is live on TV Asahi, not sure if it's easily viewable? There's a stream here.

Lechus7 and HS10Legend repped this.
  22. Manchester Nadeshiko

NTV Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
  23. HS10Legend

HS10Legend Member

Mar 16, 2017
    Germany
    Club:
    NTV Beleza