Italy v Germany v England in UEFA Coefficient Rankings(R)

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by toronto_soccer, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well you are correct.

2. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lichtsteiner, Barzagli, and Cuadrado are not usually starters anyway. Lichtsteiner was even left out purposely I believe because Allegri knew he was not good enough for this game. Nothing wrong with him. Matuidi and Dybala are huge blow though.

3. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    2-2 im sure azzurri fan will find away to make juve massive favs at wembley

4. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well it was a horrible game. We really did not play with urgency after Kane's goal. We must win at Wembley. We need to start this next leg just like we did against Bayern 2 years ago, but not let them back into the game at the end.

5. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Juventus the old bitch is getting bent over and fcuked in europe again.

What else is new

6. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Nassau County, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's possible that the Quarterfinals will have four English clubs and four countries with one each. This could happen:

Tottenham over Juventus
    Manchester City over Basel (Manchester City won 4-0 away today)
    Liverpool over Porto
    Manchester United over Sevilla
    Paris Saint-Germain over Real Madrid
    Barcelona over Chelsea
    Shakhtar Donetsk vs. AS Roma and Bayern Munich vs. Besiktas could go either way because the winners above aren't from those countries.

The betting over have Liverpool, Manchester United, and Barcelona as more likely to win their first leg away than to lose it, so they're favored to advance. Real Madrid and Shakhtar Donetsk are small favorites at home, so if there were odds for the aggregate it would be close. Bayern Munich is a giant favorite hosting Besiktas.

7. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Please No, I hope we don't give Tottenham a place in the quarters. That would really be inexcusable for our club. Imagine how many players will want to leave in the summer.

8. LorneMarvello

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Juve wont give Spurs anything, If spurs win they will take it!

Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  9. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Tottenham won 2-0 vs United (could have been 4-0), 2-2 at Anfield (pretty similar to tonight away at Juve), and own Arsenal. If Spurs advance after coming back 2-0 then they deserve it. Juve only have themselves to blame.

This tie is still open despite Tottenham being the favorites now. The health of Dybala, Matuidi, and Alderweireld will be huge in the 2nd leg. 55% Spurs to go through in my book.

10. LorneMarvello

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The trouble for spurs is do they stick or twist

Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  11. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Mentally if Spurs think they are through after coming back 2-0 then they could crack under the first sign of Juve pressure. Spurs need to forget this game happened and play the home leg like the one-off final that it is.

Tactically Poch counterattacked Dybala and Matuidi's absences which forced Juve into a 4-4-2 winger heavy formation by overloading the midfield. He purposely chose Lamela over Son because he wanted a huge numerical superiority in the middle of the park.

In the return leg, Juve should have both Matuidi and Dybala back and possibly Cuadrado. Since obviously Dybala and Matuidi both play centrally, it should eliminate some of the advantages Spurs had today. To counter that, Poch might take a different approach by using Son out wide.

This tie is far from over. Spurs won't get shutout at home so it obligates Juve to score twice regardless. Juve can't be afraid to concede like they were today after going up 2-0. Should be fascinating up until the final few minutes. Juve threw qualification away today when they failed to go 3-0 or 3-1 up at home where they are usually unbeatable. Tottenham have to be careful not to repeat the favor.

12. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Also despite all the possession, Juve were the ones that had more clear cut chances after 2-1. Spur's defense is very error prone. The return of Alderweireld would be a huge boost. Also Auier out in the second leg might be a good thing since he is generally pretty awful defensively.

The 2nd leg could be 2-1 with minutes to go. Oh the drama! We Juventini will suffer per usual.

13. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That basically means we give them the game. We gave back a 2-0 lead.

14. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We won't be. I think the main point was not to give them away goals which is why we played like that. Because the away goal rule can play a big part. We really should go attack as much as possible in the second leg. Try to score 3 goals. We almost did it at the Allianz Arena 2 years ago, if we just had a little better finishing, the tie would have been put to bed leaving Bayern basically with no chance due to needing 4 goals.

15. LorneMarvello

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    or they gave juve a 2-0 lead see how it works

spurs were better over the 90 deal with it

16. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They were not better over the 90, we had much more clear cut chances. Yes they shaded us in possession, but we are Juventus, we are not a possession based team at all.

17. LorneMarvello

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    oh please Juve were dominated by spurs, lol shaded possession lol at yes Juve are a park the Bus team lol Jog on kid.

and who the **** is we lol at you

63% possession and nearly 700 passes to less then 300 lol disgraceful at home especially

Marcho Gamgee and Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  18. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Juve aren't as good as 3 or even 2 years ago. Plain and simple.

Since then Juve have been gradually on the decline. It is fairly evident not only through European results but also domestically. They won the league by 17 points 3 seasons ago. Then by 9 points and then by 4 points (although Roma closed the gap a bit at the end when it didn't matter anymore so it wasn't that close).

This season they are in their first close title race are were wobbly in the CL group stage. Their era of dominance is over. These things always go in cycles.

19. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Juventus is actually stronger IMO this season in comparison to 2 and 3 years ago.

They are only weaker in net where their generational talent in Buffon is starting to show his age and the defense where despite having not conceded many in the league is very shaky. Their offense is no doubt better and they might have lost a step in the midfield but not by much. Losing a goalie i

I still say Juventus goes through because they do have the firepower to turn it around but it's very close and those 2 away goal Spurs scored could be decisive.

20. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Can I just add what a fcuking game by Liverpool. Absolutely ridiculous what they're doing this season in the UCL. Ya they aren't playing the strongest of sides but Porto isn't a cakewalk even though they made it seem that way

21. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Haven't watched Porto this season, but they were not a fairly strong team last season. I did not expect Liverpool to do that but I did expect them to win. I think the fact is the pace with Salah and Mane on the wings is what is killing those smaller teams on the break. Remember most of those teams have a very shaky defense and the pace is just killing them.

22. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Liverpool are in good form now but the first goal was an absolute howler from the Porto 'keeper. The third goal was pure counter-attack - something that likely would not have occurred if Porto weren't chasing the game.

I stopped watching after that, but I suspect the 4th and 5th goals might've been similar to the third.

Liverpool will spend the next 4 days in Portugal to try to build team chemistry. Will be interesting to see if they finish the season strong after this "break".

23. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Great win for Milan.

For Atalanta I really think its not a bad result despite a loss. 2 away goals is huge, and Atalanta could easily be through with a win at home as long as it is not 4-3 or higher by one goal (which rarely happens anyway). A 2-1 win for Atalanta and they are in the round of 16. Dortmund will really have to play extremely cautiously if they want to go through as it will not be easy. I felt the game was 50-50.

Arsenal are all but through as well.

24. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I knew Napoli would do this. Really pisses me off. I was sure Napoli would lose this as soon as I read Sarri's prematch comments if I wasn't even before. I hate that they don't take the coefficient seriously and just want to focus on Serie A.

What happened with Lazio? Not sure why they lost that. I guess they'll turn it around second leg. Maybe they fielded too weak of a team?

25. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Overall, a fair result but considering they were 2-1 up, 3-2 loss must be a bit disappointing Lazio lost surprisingly. Napoli can basically focus on the Serie A title race now.