Das Reboot and the Road to UEFA Nations League & EC2020

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #2526 Karl-Heinz Riedle, Nov 9, 2018 at 3:53 AM
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018 at 3:58 AM
    Would love to see this formation:

-------------------ter Stegen
    -Weiser----Sule---------Hummels----Schulz
    --------------------Kimmich
    --------------Goretzka----Kroos
    --------Gnabry-----Havertz-------Sane

backup:

GK) Neuer, Leno

RB) Ginter
    CB) Rudiger, Kehrer
    LB) Max

DM) Arne Maier (Emre Can if fit)
    CM) Gundogan, M.Eggestein

RW) Brandt
    CF) Uth, Fullkrug (inj)
    LW) Reus, Timo Werner

saj7866 repped this.
  2. Alex C

Alex C Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I would swap Reus for Havertz and play with a fluid front 3, swap Rudiger for Hummels and put Kimmich back at rb. Use Maier or Can at 6.

3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kroos will also miss the Russia friendly. So couldn't we have called up some new midfielders???
    Or more annoying is how we keep calling up 2BL players, given someone else a chance it's just an NL game and friendly.

Sounds like a man desperate to keep his job.

5. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    No Max is a joke lol, to me it looks like it’s more a matter of which club you’re playing for than actually performing

I think it’s okay to give Boateng a break, he looks half-injured everytime I see him play for Bayern these days... let him rest and find back to old strength!

Ger90 repped this.
  6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think that was always Max and Low's issue. He mostly goes based on club rather than form. There is no Max because 2nd division Hector is there. A Hector who's played almost half the season as DM too.

7. dips82

dips82 Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Muller, Hector, Rudy - garbage players keep getting called up

saj7866 and Ger90 repped this.
  8. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Karo Viertel
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Who runs that iMiaSanMia account?

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    DFB.de: They set with the inclusion of Kehrer, Gnabry, Werner, Süle, Kimmich and Sane - in Paris were six players in the starting eleven, who were 23 years and younger. Is this finally the rejuvenation of the team ushered?

Löw: In the further development of a team you can not just flip a lever and exchange all players from one day to the next. The young players in particular need a few key cornerstones and stabilizers for orientation, both in the basic orientation and game idea as well as in terms of personnel. You also need some maturity. The mix of experience and carefreeness must be right. We have initiated a process in Paris that we will continue to pursue consistently. Of course, this process also means that we will continue to create space for young players. They should and must take more responsibility. But they want that, that was in Paris. This signal was sent out by the players who were on the court. The team has broadcast a good energy. We want to build on that.

DFB.de: Currently Marco Reus and Thomas Müller are two experienced veterans, but both in different condition. How do you see the two players currently?

Löw: Of course I'm happy for Marco, that he finally has a strong phase with Borussia Dortmund. In this condition, he can also give the national team tailwind. I hope so, too. I wish that this phase will last longer with him. Thomas Müller has been involved for a long time, he can handle difficult situations well. He is an energy provider and identifies with the national team for which he does a lot. That's why he's here. But of course he has to face the competition, he knows.

who knows but it's a very good account for any Bayern fan and/or German NT. They have their location set as Munich, Bavaria too.

10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Low is such a hard guy to please, lol.

so what exactly does Hofmann need to do to be called up? Instead rubbish Rudy gets yet another call up. We got a coach that doesn't call up players based on form.

any sane coach would have dropped Rudy. But maybe Low is insane....:whistling:

11. White/Blue_since1860

Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Called it

12. saj7866

saj7866 Member

May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Watching Bayern
    And Dortmund for me hummels is done, I'd rather have boetang over hummels

Raumdeuter repped this.
  13. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    It was a really great game between Bayern and Dortmund, the best game for daysss

14. dips82

dips82 Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    After watching our NT players in the biggest game of Bundesliga here are my brief thoughts...

1. Neuer looks sadly done
    2. Poll can be conducted who is worse - Hummels or Boateng. Few years back there used to be poll about who of these 2 are the best.
    3. Kimmich should play as right back only
    4. Goretzka though had a solid first half, got lost in the second half. Still not bossing the midfield which is a concern for our NT as we need difference maker in that position.
    5. Glad that Gnabry was involved in assist and a cheeky pre-assist but he couldn't do much rest of the match.
    6. Muller should watch highlights of his own performance and hopefully he will realize that he needs to quit this profession.
    7. Gotze even though still shows glimpses of his touches, still a far way to be even considered for NT again. Good news is Fabre seems to be helping him to come back to form.
    8. Reus is a legend. Probably the only player of this golden generation who is playing best football of their career.

15. saj7866

saj7866 Member

May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What's worrying is England are producing better players at the moment

Ger90 repped this.
  16. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Hummels has probably been Germany's consistently best CB for a while lol. We all know that he struggles with speed and he's not the reason why the NT and Bayern isn't working these days

Yes I'm rating Süle high these days but his build-up play isn't good enough these days

nekkibasara and Ger90 repped this.
  17. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I
    don't
    want
    England
    to
    be
    better
    than
    Germany

18. saj7866

saj7866 Member

May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That doesn't England will be better, alot of the time England can't cope with expectations

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Germany is still producing tons of talents, they just need to be given time and chances. Which a lot of them aren't. While others are still too young.

20. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And people blame teams for playing English kids

Sorry, u need to have a look at the german talents first, before we had 6-7 top prospects per age groups

Now we have 2. That’s it and that’s what Kuntz said

21. saj7866

saj7866 Member

May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Dfb talent management is very questionable at the moment

Ger90 repped this.
  22. Alex C

Alex C Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #2547 Alex C, Nov 11, 2018 at 2:44 AM
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2018 at 2:54 AM
    The problem isn't a lack of talent imo, it seems more a case of questionable coaching/tactical policies within the DFB. This has led to some glaring weaknesses and too much replication.

There also seems to be a lack of winning mentality and ruthlessness/composure, traits Germany always had before. This is partly reflected in how few good penalty takers have emerged in recent years.

The DFB needs to adjust its coaching policies back to something that is more individual to Germany, not copy Spain or France. Some of the traits that made Germany strong have been lost in recent years. Playing against Germany used to be tough, now many of the national teams are too nice/soft and lack a killer instinct.

nekkibasara, Ger90 and Thomsen repped this.
  23. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Mark Uth injured in Schalke's match today

24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    everyone is injured,
    Uth, Petersen, Fullkrug, Ginczek are all injured+ Wagner/Gomez are retired.

the rest it's either too early for them or they aren't good enough for the NT.

although wouldn't be surprised if Low calls up Gundo or no one and uses Werner/Reus as CFs. This coach never calls up new players due to injury.