Are We Ever Going to Spend Money? - Transfers, Rumors, & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    It’s possible we might swap Kovacic for Savic but not for those kinds of money stated.

Anon. repped this.
  2. RuudVanGoal

RuudVanGoal Member

Real Madrid
    Egypt
    Jul 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Actually id be surprised if its just 100m + bonuses, Lotito is not exactly easy to negotiate with.

But still 100m for a sub?

Prit Javier repped this.
  3. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Marca’s Cover | “James wants to come back.”

YES

4. CR7PT

CR7PT Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 26, 2014
    Portugal
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #5904 CR7PT, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Because it's not like he's unhappy there and desperately wants to return!
    Bayern Munich's James Rodriguez: "I really like it here" /October 2017
    James Rodriguez vows not to make early Real Madrid return /January 2018
    James would snub a Premier League move to stay at Bayern /March 2018

He's getting paid €6.5M a season. Say even though he'd like to return, he's still happy playing at Munich. Say Bayern wants to keep him and offers him more than what we offered him. Why wouldn't he want to say?

Also, this is the 1st time we're hearing of this and the whole basis of the news is on the fact that Zidane is gone and Lopetegui likes him. That's it! No mention of how James feels or whatsoever other than the headline.

My point remains.
    If we want him now, it's up to Bayern.
    If we want him next year, it's up to James.
    "All in all, we got no leverage. It's up to Bayern and James."

Shay Z, S1na and Zidane05 repped this.
  5. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    If someone pays 100m for Kovacic only but I think this is unlikely anyway

6. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    To me it is either Isco or James. Don't like to see such slow players on the flanks. How is JL going to play ? Because if he plays with a 10 I would allways prefer James. His passing is better , his shooting is better but most of all his decision making is way better than Isco's.
    However I hope we will play with quick wingers and center mids who are smart , fast acting and have good vision . We have Bale , Asensio , Kovacic and Mordic in that scenario.
    I really hope we don't go for something close to tikitaka because that is just boring to watch plus we are so efficient at counters. I like fast football with quick ball circulation. This is all what modern football is about. A lot of running without ball , smart runs and quick after ball recuparation.
    Therefor I would sell Isco. You get a lot of money and buy decent wingers. We allready have Asensio , Bale and Vazquez . Splash out a lot of money for Sané. And get a decent striker.

Anon., Prit Javier and J-Mezzy repped this.
  7. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    Our defense was very poor last year... almost caused us a trophy less season...even in the CL...a lot of soft goals conceded in the later rounds. I'd start there.

- An experienced CB ...Bonucci?

For the attack:
    - Bring back James
    - Hazard + Lewandowski or Cavani

IF we HAAAVE to go for a keeper...has to be Courtois in my opinion.

To me all realistic targets that can improve the team instantly.

Prit Javier and J-Mezzy repped this.
  8. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    #5908 Ayayain, Jul 12, 2018
    "unconfirmed for now"

Prit Javier repped this.
  9. AppleBob86

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    A representative from Brazil arrived to Madrid today to finalize Neymar’s transfer to Real Madrid. [soymadridista]

Prit Javier repped this.
  10. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I wonder where this Lopetegui-James rumor originated?

I would think he prefers to promote the young Spanish talents - Ceballos & Asensio ..than bringing James back who would slow down their development.

S1na and Prit Javier repped this.
  11. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    I could not verify this info when I posted. I now checked myself, and there's nothing about it on Globo website. Either it was said on Radio/TV or it is false.

Gonna edit my previous post.

12. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    soymadristita is the only one to post all infos for now three days.

Neither Brazil or French sources/medias heard anything about that. Not even eager spanish medias reposted them.

In short, while he could be right in the end, he isn't trusted enough to be reposted anywhere.

Prit Javier repped this.
  13. AppleBob86

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Maybe.

He also said this

Next player to leave Real Madrid will be Karim Benzema. The player will not be at the club next season. His departure is so imminent that Real Madrid already prepared a farewell video for him. Napoli are offering €40M for the player. [soymadridista]

Prit Javier repped this.
  14. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Shay Z, Zidane05 and AppleBob86 repped this.
  15. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Soymadridista said Mbappé was signed last season. He is a bullshitter.

Anon., AppleBob86 and Prit Javier repped this.
  16. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    The sol facts we have so far that are not rumors are:

- RMC claiming their PSG source they contacted directly said PSG president closed the door to a transfer.
    - Neymar GF moving to Paris to live with him announced by people with who she's working.
    - Neymar close friend who is Brazil national team physio signed with PSG yesterday.

The rest are rumors. As I said Soymadridista could be right, but it is very weird no one is reposting him as source.

AppleBob86 and Prit Javier repped this.
  17. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Santos outsourced neymar's transfer negotiations to his father, the notion we'd rely on Santos to manage anything is laughable.

Shay Z and Prit Javier repped this.
  18. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I want James back but I don't see Lopetegui choosing him over Isco ever so we have to let the dream go. Plus Bayern's head of global marketing just made comments about how James popularity has helped the club's brand. I think they'll splash the cash for him.

The article says RM sent Juni Calafat to Santos, the city not club, to negotiate the transfer. Says Neymar likes his teammates but doesn't like the lack of competitiveness and the soft refereeing( my words from what I saw in this article). Ends with a quote from an anonymous source that says there is something going on between the club and Neymar.

Zidane05 repped this.
  19. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    #5919 Ayayain, Jul 12, 2018

My portuguese is weak, but I believe not weaker than a machine translation so even if I am confident, if a native sees any mistake, correct me. Thank you very much!

- Neymar is Madrid's target.
    - Madrid sent a representative to Santos in Brazil.
    - Madrid want to get close to Neymar's father, and to the company owned by the Neymar family.
    - The final goal is to get in contact, and negoTtate a possible transfer.
    - GloboEsporte have their own sources to make those claims.
    - The Madrid representative is well know, it is Juni Calafat.
    - After everything is said, the case is still very complicated.
    - Neymar has no release clause.
    - Contract is long, till 2022.
    - Madrid wants to convince Nasser Al Khelaifi to negotiate. Or at least convince Neymar to go see PSG president to neogotiate.
    - At this point, it seems unlikely that a deal could be reached.
    - Neymar left Barcelona one year ago after PSG paid 222ME in a very controversial transfer.
    - Neymar wanted to leave Messi's shadow.
    - The crucial difference compared to last year: No Release Clause because it is forbidden in France.
    - Nasser El Khelaifi is the boss this time.
    - Neymar would have to convince the owner of the club.
    - There's no reason for the powerful Arab owner to sell his ace that he had difficulties to bring at PSG.
    - A person close to Neymar said: "It's unlikely that it could happen this summer, but I think somewhere in the future a transfer to Real Madrid will happen".
    - Neymar's life at PSG is nice. He's surrounded by friends like Alves, Silva or Marquinhos.
    - But he feels the French League is weak. And that players of the french league are violent.
    - He also thinks the french referees don't do their job properly unlike in Spain
    (he must be kidding, the spanish referees are horrible too, well not for Barca maybe...). He points that he thinks french referees are protecting players that are violent against him.
    - Then Globo makes a summary of what links neymar, and Madrid since he's 13 years old.
    - Another person closes to neymar said that the relationship between neymar, and Real Madrid never got resolved so far. (he means they kept missing each other because reasons all those years)

^^^^^^^^^^

BTW, because facts are important in reporting. GloboEsporte is mistaking Nasser Al-Khelaifi as PSG owner. They are wrong. He's the president but owns nothing. He has no share in PSG at all., and is not deciding the most important things at PSG. He was appointed because he's a close friend of the owner, and a Ministry of Qatar government. The owner of PSG is the Emir of Qatar, Cheikh Tamim ben Hamad Al Thani who is CEO of the company that owns PSG: QSI.

Qatar Sport Investment is a private Qatar grounded company that is a branch of Qatar Investment Authority. Cheikh Tamim ben Hamad Al Thani is CEO of both private companies.

S1na, Deep Pal, Zidane05 and 1 other person repped this.
  20. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need to prioritize a formation that doesn't leave Marcelo so freakin exposed all the time. Can't continue to rely on our LB for all the creativity. Get that left side figured out. Whether it's Neymar, Hazard or whoever. Get someone who can work down that side and take on players from out wide.

Isco, Asensio, Modric, Kroos all need to do more in attack....especially Isco and Asensio of course. Marco can't disappear in games if we are to count on him as a periodic starter. James returning would help as he is much more decisive in the final third then any of the others mentioned. But he isn't a wide player either and we are really limited as only Bale and Lucas are really natural wide players. Asensio still seems to fade out wide. Would prefer he see more of the ball in the middle. Basically we have a logjam up the middle.

RB is stacked. Our CBs seemed locked in (Vallejo please stay healthy!). Midfield is strong but let's see what happens with Kovacic. The attack and LB (is Theo up for it or is a loan needed with someone else brought in, a la Hakimi vs AO?) are my biggest concerns.

21. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think we need to sign a GK too, for a number of reasons moving forward as a club.

Prit Javier repped this.
  22. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    We already have....

S1na and Prit Javier repped this.
  23. AppleBob86

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Parisunited claiming now

A Real Madrid representative arrived in São Paulo yesterday to meet with PSG attacker Neymar's clan. [@parisunited6].

Prit Javier repped this.
  24. Wolfdude

Wolfdude Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 27, 2017
    For those here who actually want Neymar to come, I hope you realize how bad it's gonna get in the dressing room. This guy is toxic, he will create a lot of unnecessary drama.

25. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Please do some efforts with the translation.

"Yesterday, a Real Madrid representative (possibly Juni Calafat) traveled in Brazil (Sao Paulo) to meet with Neymar's clan.

More details later."